View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 22, 2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl C View Post
I'm often dismayed to see how "yellow" my skin tone is at times. I know that MDS patients can be pale, but is this yellowish tone typical of MDS?

My last CBC which is fairly typical showed the following lows/highs: WBC 1.3, Neut 0.6, Lymph 0.4, Mono 0.4, RBC 3.34, Hgb 112, MCH 33.4, PLT 147. Nothing drastic there!

Except for globulins which sit around 21, my 4-weekly UEC/LFT results have been normal all year with average Bilirubin 17. My LDH average is 177.

Is there anything else that could be causing this yellow tone or is this normal for MDS patients? Are there other tests besides CBC, UEC and LDH which I should be requesting. I feel reasonably well most of the time.

Do you mean a bilirubin of 1.7 or 17?
Daughter of father diagnosed with MDS RAEB-II intermediate risk due to normal cytogenetics. Blasts at 13% peripheral blood at diagnosis with no cytopenias. 6 cycles on Vidaza then on to SCT at Duke. BMT from my brother and now showing signs of relapse. DLI in the works.

Last edited by italianburrito : Thu Oct 22, 2015 at 03:44 PM. Reason: re-read your post