Thread: Mom in hospital
View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 09:51 PM

No clue

The only reason we were given was she would not have to meet a copay because she is already in the hospital. Also she had a PICC line installed so she can have it administered by IV as her veins are shot from 3 yrs worth of blood test and all relating to MDS. I did some research and found a case where a lady had the same thing happen to her after bone marrow biopsy and 6 months later she still had issues with the leg. Here is a link to this case so you can get a better idea of what she is going through:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B7CRN-4MG6PC5-1&_user=10&_coverDate=07%2F31%2F2007&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_ver sion=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=a0f3da082890377211cabd0f536237c1

Her BMB results showed no major change that would require immediate treatment. As far as the copay my Mom had the forsight to take out a cancer policy on top of her medical insurance and medicare so that should not factor into their decision. I am at a loss as to why so soon after a surgery that was due to their screw up on the BMB they think she should have to be weakened even further. If anyone can give me some advice on what I need to be asking as even after reading everything I get my hands on I do not understand half of what I am told by the doctors and she is confused and depressed and looks to me for guidance. Thanks for any info in advance and to the person who replied to my original post Thanks so much.