View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 19, 2018, 03:34 AM

Treatment in Japan

Masa,
I recommend Toranomon Hospital.
And I highly recommend Yuasa Mitsuhiro sensei. He explains every questions that you might have in a very straightforward manner. He gives patients time to air their worries and help them make choices too. Yuasa sensei is on schedule Monday mornings and Thursday afternoons. Anyone can get in. If you have a referral better still, if not, you just pay a referral fee.

Japanese National Health Insurance covers PNH and some more too. In my humble opinion, the quality of care at Toranomon for blood diseases is excellent.

Like you, when I discovered I was ill, I was tempted to try either Stanford or MD Anderson, in other words, the US. However, the reason I did my treatment here was first of all my worries that I might not survive using Medicare over there. I have no regrets that I did my transplant here in Toranomon, Tokyo.

Though I am MDS, not PNH, if you have any questions about the hospital here, please don't hesitate to ask.
Meri