View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 18, 2012, 12:31 AM

The Next Phase...

Hello-
I am Jx3's sister. I have been a frequent visitor of this site since Dec, but this is my first time to post. I appreciate each one of you that took the time to respond to my brother's post! The information and/or feedback gained from this forum is more valuable to me than any medical article published.
Our family is strong in our faith and trust that God is in control. However-as we begin this next phase we are struggling with the risk's associated with the road ahead and the unknown. The doctor told my parents that time is of the essence--his new sense or urgency is concerning. The weekly transfusions don't appear to be giving dad the "boost" they once provided.
I would love to hear from others who have successfully conqured BMT--especially those around the same age as my dad. Also, dad's only sibling is 68 years old--if he is a match will age be a factor in the success of the transplant? What happens if my uncle isn't a match and a match is not identified on the donor registry? I am scared....I worry that dad's age, my uncle's age and "time" is not on our side.