Thread: New to AA
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 17, 2007, 06:58 PM

AA

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the encouraging words. A.Jae's siblings were tested and they were not a match. We live in the state of Mississippi and are being treated at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Dr. Bigalow is her doctor. I ask Dr. B if she has treated anyone with this disease before and she said that she had. Her patient was 19 years old. I am still a skeptic about treatments. Her hemat. score was a 29 and her white cell count was a actually up. I am writing down all of the counts at every visit. I do not have them with me right now. A.Jae has had a BMB. I will find out what the density is. The Doc told me when she informed us that she had MAA. I was shocked by the news and can't remember any of the numbers. Can someone give me a list of what I need to keep up with on our monthly visits? I would so much appreciate it. A.Jae started school this week and has been experiencing shortness of breath it seem more frequently. Thanks again for the kind words and the information. I would be interested in speaking with the doctors that you mentioned. Sincerely Donna, mother of A.Jae