View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 13, 2010, 02:29 AM

Question Julie's Adventure

Hi there... My blood type is B positive and my family say that it's trying to tell me something! Thanks for this opportunity to get my situation out there... to people who I'm sure can understand.

I'm in Australia and haven't actually thought too much about my AA diagnosis for a while... only every few months for a blood test. But recently my platelets started to drop off and are staying around 20... which I guess is good that they're staying. (Diagnosed ITP, because other counts seem ok) I've been on high dose Prednisolone for 2 weeks, which didn't work, so this week (I am waiting for the call) they will be starting me on a clinical trial of a drug called Rituximab. So will see if that works...

They did a bone marrow biopsy which showed no AA, which is good! Should be happy about that but... what will happen next? They thought the Pred would work...
Julie (38yrs); dx AA 1996 & treated w/ATG, cyclosporine & G-CSF; 2010 dx int-1 secondary MDS, low platelets, on prevention antibiotics, fevers of unknown origin, MUD found for BMT when the time is right, which is now! MDS transformed to AML after many infections.