Thread: hair coloring
View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 24, 2011, 11:10 PM

Question hair coloring

I have been having my hair colored medium brown for the last several years. But I read the hair dye has been known to be a cause of MDS! So I have not colored it in 2 months. But now I look awful with white roots and brown hair. I realize down the road when I go in for a transplant, I will lose my hair entirely, but for now does anyone have any suggestions? Have you had this dilemma? Dr. says only henna or natural colors, but I don't have the energy to manage this myself and don't know that I want anything artifical at this stage of my life.

Also, if I was diagnosed 7/11 and had good blood work up till 7/10, and BMB shows fibrosis, when could I have gotten MDS? I was treated for the last 3 years for a form of arthritis: polymyalagia rheumatica. Was MDS something I have had for years despite perfect blood work, except for sed rate?
f68 MDS; abmt 1/12. ABO mismatch 11 mos. (70) transf. Ferr 3-5k. 8 phlebot. AGVHD to CGVHD. skin,eyes. lungs as of 10/13. muscle weakness &osteo long term steroids.photopheresis 2x wk as of 3-15.pred 20 eod,acyclovir, mepron, voriconazole, pantropazole, lisinopril, montelukast, anoro, azithromycin.