View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 9, 2007, 08:51 AM

I'm still learning the lingo, too.

9/9/07

Hi Margie,

Bob was on Vidaza the first year. He did feel bad too. But as the time went by the cycles were predictable, and he adjusted. He knew that chemo week and the week after were hard. He always stayed as active as possible to take advantage of the good weeks.

Why do they give 3 shots at the hospital?

Bob's WBC counts and platelets have always been the big problem. He is in the hospital right now for a fungul infection. His WBC was at 1.1 yesterday, and platelets at 11. I am not sure what are dangerous levels either. The Doc puts him in the hospital for infections only now.

He was put into the hospital at his first visit because his platelets were 15, WBC 1,and Neuts 0.2. He had to be diagnosed by BMB.

I am sorry for not being any help. You are both in our prayers, for this treatment to work.
Linda, Wife of Bob, dx REAB-1 19 Jan. 06. Beginning numbers 19% blasts, Vidaza for 10 cycles then stopped responding, as of Apr 07 REAB-T Blasts at 20 (AML). 2 cycles of Dacogen May and June, 3rd in Sep. Counts bottomed out (WBC and Plts). BMB in Oct. showed blasts at 51%. NC