A free one-day patient conference will be held in Seattle, WA on Saturday, June 16, 2012. The conference, hosted by the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
(AA&MDSIF) and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
, is one of seven one-day patient conferences
This will be a conference for AA, MDS, PNH, and MPN (Myeloproliferative Neoplasms) patients and their families. Those who live in the West should plan to attend this conference or the April conference in Los Angeles, CA.
The morning sessions will feature epidemiology, diagnosis, AA, and PNH. Late morning and afternoon sessions will focus on MDS and MPN.
Conference attendance is free. Lunch is included. Discounted hotel rates are available to those who want to stay overnight.
Come hear about the latest information about diagnosis, treatment (including transplants), and medical research from leading experts, including:
- Dr. H. Joachim Deeg, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Dr. Anneclaire DeRoos, University of Washington
- Dr. Bart Scott, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Dr. Lauri Burroughs, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Dr. Steven Gore, Johns Hopkins University
- Dr. John Camoriano, Mayo Clinic
- Dr. Elihu Estey, University of Washington
Patients and family members will also be able to
Management of Marrow Failure: MDS/MPN/AA/PNH
- meet medical experts face-to-face
- hear about the latest treatments and medical research
- learn skills for managing life with a bone marrow failure disease
- have your questions answered
- learn how to be your own advocate for the best care
- get to know other patients and family members like yourselves
Saturday, June 16, 2012, from 9:00am to 4:15pm
Check-in begins at 8:00am.
Pelton Auditorium, Weintraub Building (enter through the Thomas Building, see campus map)
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109
Conference parking will be made available.
There are a number of hotels in the area. Discounted hotel rates are available at the following hotel:
Silver Cloud Inn Lake Union (Google map)See other hotel information on the AA&MDSIF event page.
1150 Fairview Ave North, Seattle, WA 98109
206-447-9500 (main), 800-330-5812 (toll-free)
Use the online registration form to register for the conference.
The registration deadline is Wednesday, June 6.
For more information see the AA&MDSIF event page.