View Single Post
Old Mon May 9, 2011, 05:09 PM

Look for other problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschem View Post
I have aa since Aug/2008.I am one of the luckey ones as I am partially recovered.My blood counts are hg132, wt6.2, pl136, nf4.4 creatine 116. I was just curious if there are any new treatmente or drugs for aa? I hve asked my DR about taking B12 suppliments. He doesn't think it would be of any benifit in my case.I am very thankful of my recovery but I would like to be better.I am mostly tired of being tired/fatiuged all the time.Isleep 9-10 hrs a night and have an afternoon nap for 1-2 hrs. My wife says I am just out of shape , mabey she is right.
I agree with others that you might want to have you testosterone checked, as I also found out that I was low on that, and now apply a daily gel. Hormones can also have an effect on your red blood levels, as I understand it.

Also, has your thyroid been checked? When I got my AA dx, I also found that I had Hashimoto's hypothyroiditis, another autoimmune disease which can easily account for fatigue and lethargy. I got a big boost in overall well-being when I started taking thyroid medication, and the hematologist says thryoid function is important to RBC production.

Exercise and diet also help a lot. It's a paradox, but you need to expend energy in order to gain more of it...

Best wishes!
Male, 56, dx Nov2006 VSAA (BMA:0%). Responded to ATG/CsA/Prednisone/Neupogen Dec 2006, but relapsed in June 2007. Counts are responding to using CsA 200mg bid alone since Jun 2008. Last PRBC tx: Jul 2008.