View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 21, 2012, 05:12 PM

Hi Sara, I actually cope remarkably well my hb hovers around 8 to 8.5 so much less that hubbys! - but I do activity pace. I walk everywhere at a slower pace than normal. I don't stand when I am talking to patients I sit. Today I actually did nearly 12 hours I am very busy, but not overly active if that makes sense. Lots of my work is counselling and giving people coping strategies so the only thing that gets tired is my mouth!!!
I don't think your husbands fatigue is down to his blood levels as they are not far off the norm. It could be just his age, he made need a tonic, as for sleep...only use sleeping tablets as a temporary crutch, the body gets used to them after a while and they lose their effectiveness. I have just written a book on sleep hygiene and if you would like a copy (its only 10 pages or so) then please e mail your request to karen.miles@combatstress.org.uk and i will forward back to you the attachment - it has been written for veterans, but you can ignore this bit (grin). It is just full of tips to getting a good sleep routine and if you can follow it for about 3 weeks you should find you start getting better quality sleep. If I can help in any other way feel free to say
good luck
Karen