View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 1, 2012, 09:48 PM

3rd BMB results

Hi all,

Update about my mom 3rd BMB results. Based on the BM aspiration results, the hema thinks my mom has PRCA now. But we have to wait for the BM Trephine Biopsy results to confirm i guess as this will take another 2 weeks.

Attached pls find my mom latest BMA results. If you have any comments or thoughts on the results, much appreciated if you can share with me so that i can ask the doctor when we meet him again on 8th Jan 2013. Thanks in advance.

I will update the Biopsy results once i have them. Much appreciate if someone can help me to interpret the latest results. Try to understand more whether the present of "Granulopoiesis", "Lymphopoiesis" and others showing that there is improvement on my mom's BM or the other way. It seems to me they found more "things" on my mom's BM this time. Thanks.

Bone Marrow Aspiration - 2nd BMB from the private hospital
1) No fragents obtained
2) Smear was hypocellular with occasional myelocyte, neutrophil and normoblast (幼红细胞) seen
3) No blast noted
4) Iron stores were not assessable

Interpretation - Hypocellular marrow

Bone Marrow Aspiration - 3rd BMB from the goverment hospital
1) Only 1 fragment available & it is Hypocellular, the cell trail is very hemodiluted
2) Erythropoiesis : No erythroid precursor seen
3) Granulopoiesis : Present
4) Lymphopoiesis : Present
5) Megakaryopoiesis : No Megakaryocytes seen. Platelet falkes noted
6) Perl stain : Iron store reduced

Interpretation - Very hemodiluted BM Aspiration with no excess blast or obvious dysplastic picture seen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3rd BMB results.jpg (58.4 KB, 10 views)
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015

Last edited by teo : Sat Dec 1, 2012 at 10:19 PM.