View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 10, 2018, 12:24 AM

Talking Allergies after transplant

Yes, I am on cyclosporine25mg/day not including prednisone 10mg/day. So that might be what is keeping the allergies at bay. And here I thought my non existant allergies this year was the work of my new donor marrow ! Well, it didn't hurt to hope.

For my nausea, the doctor gave me Rebamipide 100mg 3 times daily after meals for the lining of my stomach, I have not experienced nausea so much. So the nausea wasn't GVHD!? Don't know what to think now.

How about difficulty swallowing. Not painful like Ray, but it feels as if there is something stuck in the passageway when I swallow. Not all the time, sometimes. So not complaining yet.

I have a follow-up check next week for my liver counts. They were terribly high during December, so the prednisone was increased. It helped the liver stable itself somewhat, but never really got back to the "safety zone".

I am really looking forward to being back in the US. I never get seasonal allergies there. Over here 30% of the population has allergies to cedar tree pollen. You would think they could have started growing different kinds of trees to help all the sufferers.

Meri