View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
What is his trough measurement? Perhaps his body isn't clearing it out rapidly and that is why he is on such a low dose. Is he tolerating it well?

Dr. Andrea Bacigalupo is a world renowned expert. Has your husband been seen by him in person? If you haven't officially seen him, I doubt he would question another doctor's protocol without knowing more about your husband's individual case.
My husband tolerates CyA without problems. Trough measurement was what established dosis at 140 mg/day.

More than 1 year ago I emailed Dr. Andrea Bacigalupo and 2 more (1 at Spain and 1 at UK). All renowned. From UK I never had an answer. I was telling them that we'd go to consult them. Both from Spain and Dr. Bacigalupo (Italy) were very kind and have beeing guide telling "don't come, I'll guide you from here". Well, his answer was, now: "Dear Paula

The counts of your husband are fine
He should continue CyA 60 mgx2 /day
Keep me informed
All the best"

Which is a dosis lower than my husband has.

Anyway, we have decided that if Jorge is relapsing again, we'll have other opinion. Jorge trust his doctor, maybe too much and I must told him that that trust can't jeopardize his life.

I'm still confused and preparing to other "saga" but considereeing other Hospital.

Jorge doctor told something about him being CyA "resisting" or "dependent". Has you or anyone heard about it?