View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 26, 2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryP View Post
Hi I wonder if anyone can help. Diagnosed SAA two and a half years ago and had rabbit atg which did not work. On ciclosporine and blood transfusions every four weeks. Since December 20th no blood needed, counts now Hb 9.3 neutrophils .8 and platelets 59, all very good for me. However my General Practictioner found large red blood cells (a lot) and thought I might have B12 deficiency. I am very up and down at the moment as some days I feel dreadful and occasionally I have a good day. Is this remission, and will things resolve or do I need to go and see my consultant. My GP wrote to the consultant three weeks ago and we have still had no answer. She suggests I ring his secretary and ask but I don't know if there is any need to be pushy. Anyone got any advice? I am in the UK but since I have never had remission before I don't know if this is how it starts then stabilises. Heres hoping. Best wishes to all Berry.
Did your cell counts just rise by themselves? Did you try another treatment or remedy. I'm interested in knowing what increased your counts. I wish I could answer your question about large red cells but I would ask if you can receive injections. Then again I am not a doctor but I had them once when I was first diagnosed with aplastic anemia.