View Single Post
Old Sat May 25, 2013, 04:12 PM

Dear Neil and Samantha,

Thanks for the tips indeed.

The weight loss issue has been less concerning. He seems to go stable with his current weight for the past two months. His appetite is OK. The food portion size he consumes is considerably smaller though. We add protein and carbohydrate powders to his meals to compensate it.

As you also pointed out my son also likes junk food and eating out like most of his peers. He is also quite talented at cooking the recipes he makes up. We are doing our best to diversify his choices of nutrition. During GVHD providing a picky adolescent with a balanced nutrition in natural ways is really challenging sometimes. Anything less than normal dissappoints him. We constantly remind him that it is a temporary situtation. Including the chemos he has been on and off a varying restrictions on his diet for more than a year. He runs out of patience. Hopefully, when his GVHD eases off his restrictions will be gradually lifted.

As for the nutritional drinks, yes we have tried several types of those. I think they taste OK, but my son does not like them. Thanks for the suggestion.

Salih