View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 16, 2021, 05:29 PM

10 Yrs Post Transplant

It seems that not very many people post here these days, but a few of us still do. I am now 10 yrs post transplant after an allo transplant from an unrelated donor who I have never met. I was initially diagnosed w/ PNH in April of 2011, and lucky for me a perfect match was found in short order. I had never heard of PNH at that time, like most people, but I was quickly educated and gained real world experience. Before being diagnosed I thought that I was so tired because of low testosterone, but of course that was not the issue. Other than chronic GVHD and a lot of dr appointments, I have been fortunate to never had any serious issues arise, which of course is a good thing. If you search my user name, you can find my many posts. I hope that those who still visit this site know that others do as well, if that makes sense. Hopefully 2022 will be better for us all than the last 18 mos w/ Covid and all of the other negative world events.

Mario