View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 19, 2020, 05:36 PM

Ray,

I know that I have seen this come up in the past but was tied to agent orange, and the facts that were used that since the military acknowledged the role of benzene in causing MDS, and Agent Orange had benzene rings in it, then Agent Orange exposure should be considered an event.

I think that you have even odds of getting it approved due to your benzene exposure during service. I am wondering if the VFW might have some resources that you can use to connect you with cases that have been won over the years at your specific location. I am not sure about the cost/benefit and risk/reward components to hiring an attorney, but you might find somebody that specializes in these claims that can work for a reasonable fee, and generally i think your odds increase when consulting with an attorney.

Good luck at the review.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.