View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 18, 2017, 07:32 PM

Vidaza questions.......help!

I feel like the Prodigal Son, it's been a couple years since I last posted.
Anyhoo, in the mean time I have had a couple bone marrow biopsy etc and the doctors eventually put me on Darbepoetin Alfa (think bone marrow booster) injections last April mainly because my HGB was down in the high 7's. Well that sorta worked for a while and then it didn't so they increased the dosage by 50%, now that too is no longer working and the HGB continues to drop back in the 7 range. This is the short version.
Anyhow the Doc agreed to try one more 8 week version of the above and then said he would have to put me on Vidaza. It would be 7 days on Vidaza and three weeks off then repeat the process two more times for a total of over the three months as I think I understood him.

Forgive me, but I have forgotten most of what I have read here about Vidaza. Is it an IV or a shot? What are the side affects? What else am I looking at going this route? Thanks in advance can you help me and thanks for still being here for me.

Last edited by Dick S : Wed Jan 18, 2017 at 08:24 PM.