View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 11, 2012, 01:04 PM

Cool

Thanks Beth. I will ask about the Marinol. She doesn't like taking any more meds than she has now so it might take some convincing. She's been sleeping later and later each day and becomes agitated when I disturb her by calling to wake her to take her meds and eat. I reduced my work hours to help her in the afternoons because I was getting overwhelmed working full time and trying to squeeze everything in. I called a health care facility and they gave me some pricing for aids. They are bonded, licensed and have background checks. They need a doctors orders though and so far the doctors are not forcing anything. She fell a couple of times when her counts were down and I was kind of angry because she wasn't wearing her lifeline. She spent one night sleeping on the back porch floor because she didn't have a phone near her or her lifeline on. I feel like I should move in with her but I know that would only stress both of us out. She likes being alone and has told me numerous times. All I can do now is wait till she can't get out of bed one day and then explain she needs to make a decision now that she needs help in the home. I think shes hoping something happens fast to take her someday but I am not positive this will happen even though most of her brothers and sisters died from stroke. Thanks for all the replies....God Bless.