View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 2, 2013, 04:45 PM

Unhappy Mom's Passing

My mom's difficult death came November 17th 2012 shortly after noon that Saturday. I was there with my daughter and we witnessed her passing and I will never ever forget my mom's face and the suffering she endured to her last breath. She refused pain meds until she was unresponsive and couldn't stop us from giving them to her. I had to sneak them to her before that and she didn't want a hospital bed so she was in her own bed which was what she wanted. She only let the hospice nurses come by once a week so I did my best to keep them in the loop by phone. I didn't expect her to pass that day but my daughter knew better. I think I thought she had a few more days. I never knew how much pain she was in until she started moaning the last 30 minutes. She had filled up with fluid at the end and it difficult to see and listen to. This was the first time I ever witnessed a death and I fell apart totally at the end. My daughter was stronger than me. At the wake I didn't recognize my mom in the casket. I thought it was someone else. She had been thru so much she didn't even look like herself. God Bless all of you dealing with this horrible disease.