View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 08:01 AM

My husband had low to low normal counts off and on for many years. We were told that "this must be normal for you". Since he really never had blood drawn on regular basis in his youth we had no data prior to the mid 80's. The first we knew was probably in the mid to late 80's. We never gave it any thought. He was healthy, ate well and exercised daily. So he went a pretty long time before something triggered a downward spiral for him.

All I can think is that his bone marrow is his weakest link for some reason and that at some point, something shifted in his health.

Just be sure to rule out the easy stuff and get your iron checked as well as vitamin D, copper and b6. And if you are taking supplements with B12, it can falsely elevate your test results. So I would hold off doing any supplements for about 4 days prior to any blood tests. And for the iron, I would fast before that draw.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.