View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 10, 2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
Hi Ashleigh,

Congratulations on your rapid response!

As TASHMAC suggested, be cautious about tapering your cyclosporine early (before 6 months). Your bone marrow is still very fragile, and although you may have dramatically reduced the immune attack, it still will take time for your marrow to be strong enough to fight the remaining smaller attacks on its own.

When you do start tapering, do it very slowly and get your counts checked more frequently. Halt the taper if your counts start falling.

There are many horror stories of people losing there response from tapering cyclosporine too soon or too fast.

Best of luck!
Thank you!
My doctor has already told me that I'll be on a steady dose for at least a year before they consider tapering I think
I'm having some trouble with ciclosporin levels at the moment but hopefully the latest one (a level of 727!) was just a mistake in the machine and I've been retested today and am being tested again on Saturday to check
Diagnosed AA in 2009;treated rabbit ATG+Cyclosporin the same year, taken off Cyclosporin in 2011; Relapsed AA in 2015 and had horse ATG as of 08/02/16. I have copy neutral loss of heterozygosity in chromosome 6p, affecting the HLA region.