View Single Post
Old Fri May 29, 2009, 10:11 AM

Back in hospital

Had to take Nellie back to the hospital yesterday. Started to have fevers and shaking, sugars bottoming out each day, could not stand on her own. Unable to take her to have CBCs done daily. Labs done at ER showed infection and elevated creatine levels over 3 pts. She didn't drink enough water while at home or urinate enough so that created problems also. She is currently in ICU for at least 36 hours then she will go back to the ward on the fourth floor and remain until she either recooperates or we decide to go home again and call Hospis. Really hurts when I think of that.

Nellie's home nurse suggested we call hospis because she (the nurse) feel that Nellie is in the final stages of passing. I gave Nellie the chose of calling hospis or going to the hospital, she wanted to go to the hospital. She is lucid and seems to comprehend all, so I took her to the hospital.

Please pray for a miracle, because I think that is what it will take.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.