View Single Post
Old Sat May 30, 2009, 09:43 AM

Improved condition

Nellie has improved some with all the care she received in the hospital. Today she will leave ICU and go up to her regular floor, the Oncology ward. She jokeingly says, I am going to try a different room this time, I have been in most of them. She is in good spirits. But she is not looking to good. Her potasium shot up sky high and they had to give her some meds to reduce it. It caused her severe diarria to the point that they had to put a catheter in her rectum. Hopfully they can remove it soon. The creatin levels are still in the threes. The Neufrologist said the kidney function was at about 15-20%. No need for dialises yet and she feels that some kidney function will return with the care she is receiving in the hospital.

The Doc believes Nellie was dehydrating quickly without her drip line. She did not drink much water and did not urinate but very little. So that was probably the start of it all. However, she seemed to be losing strength in her legs even during the last week she was in the hospital. So I think that was already the direction that her physical state was going. The appetite she showed for the two days she was at home has begun to fade again. I noticed yesterday she would not eat much. The day before she ate a whole slice of pizza, but the next day she ate only a bite or two. I hope she does better today, she promised me she would.

Thanks so much for your thoughts and comments guys, I pray all the love you have shown Nellie and I comes back at ya ten fold. God Bless.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.