View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 4, 2009, 12:46 AM

Nellie passed on

She had a bad day Tuesday. Developed lots of fluid in her chest and lungs. Still she occasionally responded by saying OK or NO or YES. Again she told me in a garbled voices, "I Love You" and called my name "Eli". I tried to reassure her that I love her and that it was going to be OK and the she was going home. She had made our daughters and I promise she would not pass in the hospital. I whispered close in her ear, "I am going to take you home, OK?", She said "OK".

I got a hold of the hospice nurse and my daughters and I made arrangements to take her home today, Wednesday. It took a while to set it up and get the bed in place, an ambulance with the right equipment and oxigen supply to take her home. Her doctor didn't think she would make the trip in the ambulance but we managed to make it home. My girls and I spent the afternoon making plans and spending time by her bedside. We ordered chinese food and ate dinner. At around six thirty it was time for her nebulizer treatment. While doing it Nellie started to have respetory distress. Nellie passed on at 7:10 pm this evening. My heart is broken and can't stop crying. We have been together 45 years and she has been the best wife and mother you could wish for. I didn't deserve her. I miss her already. Pray for me.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.