Thread: Worse Condition
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 20, 2012, 01:01 AM

Thank you for writing BeBop. Looks as if it will be every wk now for both red and platelets. I wish they would do the platelets before 10 and red 7.3 and at the same time. He is so bruised all over his arms from being stuck. Another red transfusion tomorrow probably. We did find out today that there was fluid on the lungs (which just appeared Tues.) because of so many fluids from the chemo and tranxs. He got Lasix yesterday and today for that, but thankful it wasn't pneumonia as they first thought. He is feeling better from the platelets and oxygen and hopefully the fluid will be gone soon. His shortness of breath (it was severe) is better.

I have a chronic illness too that causes severe fatigue and pain in joints and muscles so that makes it hard. We'll keep doing the best we can and hopefully keep positive with an occasional cry and be grateful for every day we have together I guess. One of the wonders of this experience is the wonderful people we meet along the way-nurses and other patients both. We are grateful for those.

Beth (Kay)
Husband -MDS RAEB; Dx 4-07;age 73; Blasts 6.6%. Dacogen successful for 2 yrs; WBC (1.21-2.3);Platelets-12; RBC 2.22. Lenolid 100 mg and Pred(30mg) 4m. Disc. Procrit & Neupogen 3wk for last 3m. Trx every 2 wks. Platelet trx 2wks past. Started Vidaza 3-12-12 five days on, 3 wks off.