Thread: Worse Condition
View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 21, 2012, 12:08 AM

Thank you for your so helpful and caring messages. The appt today was set for 7:05 and we arrived back home by 4:45pm. From the Cancer Center appt, then over to the hospital for red cell transfusion. They decided to do just one unit today for the first time to limit the amt of fluid. They said the x-ray yesterday did look better. He is so unbelievably exhausted. Hopefully this weekend will help that a little with lots of rest, fun movies, and just relaxing. Mostly we just need some quiet time I think and let the body and mind heal.

They were kind enough today to bring me in a recliner from down the hall and we both got one nap. It took a long time to find the blood to match his this time. We usually type and crossmatch one day and go the next day so maybe that is why.

I feel the warmth you are all sending out and it helps me so much. Thank you for that. We all need each other with this disease.

Beth (Kay)
Husband -MDS RAEB; Dx 4-07;age 73; Blasts 6.6%. Dacogen successful for 2 yrs; WBC (1.21-2.3);Platelets-12; RBC 2.22. Lenolid 100 mg and Pred(30mg) 4m. Disc. Procrit & Neupogen 3wk for last 3m. Trx every 2 wks. Platelet trx 2wks past. Started Vidaza 3-12-12 five days on, 3 wks off.