View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 30, 2007, 10:03 PM

Ruth, I will try to get the name of the injection & 3 other meds my brother is taking. In the past 4 days, he has experienced a great deal of pain above his ankle. Thought it might be a blood clot, but the ultra-sound ruled this out. However, no definate word on where the pain is coming from. It may be the meds, but unclear at the moment. I have a friend that works in BMT at a different major hospital. The Dr. there feels that going straight to the T-cell infusion would be best & not take chance with the drugs. Does anyone have experience with this? Ruth, I would like you to know that my brother had no idea that he was getting ill again. Until the blood test showed low counts & a further blood test was ordered. If I were in this position, I would personally insist on the Dr. running this more extentive test (or a biopsy) to make sure the defective cells had not re-appeared. (Regardless of normal blood work).
My brothers cells are quickly taking over & now at close to 70%. This is not good & he looks as bad as he did pre-BMT the first time.