View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 17, 2009, 10:02 PM

Hi Birgitta,
Thanks for your reply. Although I'm new to this forum, I've quickly recognized your name and appreciate your details you've provided to a number of other people too!

I had visited the link concerning platelets, the tough thing I'm finding is, while somethings are good to boost immunity (i.e. green tea), it's bad for platelets and can reduce them.. argh! That's what's so frustrating... I suppose it's finding a "happy medium"... see what combination works for each of us...

Right now, I'm working on removing my hubby from Dairy & Wheat to see if that has any affect. I had read that from an article posted in the MDS Foundation site. A gentleman mentions that we all may have allergies under the surface, and if you can elminate dairy & wheat for just 4-6 wks, then, perhaps you'll feel better, if, in fact, you're one of those individuals that do have allergies to either dairy or wheat.

If he does feel better, then, we'll slowly introduce either wheat or dairy back into the mix, and if he feels sluggish again, we know one part of the puzzle... that his immunities are also fighting allergens, etc... it's something we have control of, so, for now, we're trying it.

Another thing I was wondering... I know there was another post of low-grade fevers. My hubby (Ron) has had low grade fevers since he first went into the ER. He also sweats a lot from the neck up, when laying down. When he stands, he stops sweating, but, when he tries to sleep, he sweats.. not to the point he soaks his pillow, but, to the point it makes him very uncomfortable and damp. Poor guy. Wish I knew if this was MDS related. I'm thinking it probably is, but, haven't read any other posts about sweating.. unless I've missed them.

Again, thanks for your post. Thanks for your support! (ALL OF YOU!)