View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 13, 2011, 08:45 PM

Talking Getting Horse ATG next week!!

I Got the Ok from my doctor that I will be starting the Horse ATG next week!! I go in to the hospital Monday morning June 20th & will be there until Saturday the 25th, I will be getting the ATG for 5 or 6 days. and then i will be put on immune suppressent drug Cyclosporine! I hope & pray this will cure me. this will be the 2nd time I get the horse serum.. The first time I got it I was 13 and it worked right away, I didn't need a transfusion for 3 months!! but I was young and didnt take the medicine like i was suppose to and it stopped working.. I just hope I wont get serum sickness, that was the worst feeling in the world I ended up back in the hospital because of that.. when i was 16 I tried the rabbit ATG ! and thats when i got the serum sickness & that treatment didnt work !
25 yrs old, Diagnosed with Pure Red Cell Aplasia in January 1999 At age 13, Monthly blood transfusions of Red blood cells Every 4 weeks, Takes Exjade 1750 MG. Started Horse ATG 6/20/11; Taking Cyclosporine 200MG twice a Day!