View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 4, 2015, 10:05 PM

My husband, Jeff, is retired Air Force, Vietnam vet and had boots on the ground in 69-70. He was dx with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) in 2008. CLL is a presumed Agent Orange disease. He did not apply for VA compensation at the time because his CLL was not life-threatening. He had chemo and went into complete remission! He never suffered more than fatique, which went away when he was done with chemo. He also was able to continue working and was covered by 2 health policies. So he did not feel the need for VA disability comp. Now, he's facing a terminal disease-MDS- which was most likely caused by his previous chemo. We have filed for VA comp now. Hopefully they'll process his application before he dies. We know lots of vets, young and old who are trying to beat the system by lying or withholding info to increase their rating. And I must say that really pisses me off! I know one guy who never saw a day of combat and he gets 100% for who knows what- hangnails?? So, yeah. I agree with Baile et al, that it's downright dishonest to withhold info to qualify for more bennies than you deserve.