View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 28, 2008, 08:26 AM

Continued UpDate 08/28/2008

Continuing from yesterday, pop received his blood products. They let him sit for about 45 minutes to an hour and then re-take a CBC. His plates came up to 35 and his hemo to 8.5. When he was getting the Procrit it would jump to the high 9's to 10's at times and plates to the 50's and 60's. We talked about it and I reminded him it was more to the low 9's prior to Procrit the cut off, but he said he had more Hemoglobin staying power. That I will agree on. He would stager a week on blood, but was pretty regular on platelets.

Belle, my 6 year old, had a tough time the other day. My mom picked her up from the school bus, we share a road, and she saw my car at the house. Mom told her I was sick and vomiting. Poor Belle got hysterical and started crying. Did not dawn on her that I was taking Belle to work on Shot day because of her being upset when pop was sick. She put it together that I had what Pop has. After some explaining, she now understands. I guess that I forgot how much this summer has meant to her spending time with her grandpa, and seeing things most 6 year olds don't see. I made it right, and reminded her of when her tummy was upset and her mom and I were cleaning, of all things, spaghetti off the carpet. She put it together then. She has been such a support for pop, we took for granted she was o.k. Mistake noted.

My 21 year old is getting ready to go home soon, and feels like this may be the last time to see his grandpa. His timing was good this time around. Caught him on some good days, and even got to play some chess.

Will keep you all posted, and I just wanted to let you all know that when you send a comment, I print it for Pop. He really appreciates it, and wanted me to thank you all for your support. He is glad to see many of you are doing well. Oh, and Neil, we got a boat load of rain from the left over storm that spanked Florida and the sun is coming back today, so I guess I will have some more "decompress" time coming up.

I am looking froward to winter, for the first time. Mom needs a table built, and I am having Pop draw up the plans. Even if he is not here, It will still be a joint effort. The Bob lives on.

Thanks for caring,

Scott
Son Of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.