View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 28, 2014, 11:09 AM

ATG with Cyclosporine

I also went through Equine ATG as of mid May this year. I am currently on Cyclo 300 mg a day maintaining a serum level between 200-400 and antiviral/biotics prophylaxis. My counts have been steady with plates running around 12 and hemo around 8..4. Hemo go up probably highest to 9.4 after transfusion then slowly fall until I need another transfusion. I am also transfusion dependent with refractory plates so I have to get HLA matched. I have improved slightly in the fact that I used to go once a week for transfusions to biweekly transfusions for RBC's. Depending on the success of my plate transfusion the week before I may get another plate transfusion if I drop below 10 the following week. Today my plates were 24, a wow! for me because either my transfusion last week was super or I am starting to respond better (too early to tell) so I won't get any plate transfusion today. I can't say my treatment has been successful, it has been life sustaining at this point. I am considering other treatment options. Promacta is too expensive, but I wonder if it is worth trying first. I hear it is successful for some so that other treatments are not necessary. I also hear cyclophosphamide may be another treatment option I am still exploring. Your thread caught my attention because it was similar to my treatment date. I wish you success. I know it's difficult to wait it out and see. My doc estimated 6 months before improvement shows. So perhaps we may see a better outcome in next month or so. Hopeful and praying.