Thread: New Symptoms
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 13, 2017, 01:21 PM

New Symptonms

I have had cytopeniae since 2002. Usually my counts are abnormal in WBC, RBC, Platelts, and my Hemoglobin.
I have had BMB at both Johns Hopkins and Moffitt abd even though they were not of great concern they dud reflect that I had MDS, although consiered low risk.
I am monitored regukarly and the counts have been within a range, never so severe that I needed to begin treatment ,yet never within the normal counts. My worst symptoms are fatigue and poor enurance,

My last visit in January my WBC had taken a nosedive and was of concern to my hemo. I will be returning to be checked out again in two weeks an if still in a downward trend may need to start treatment. What treatment exacty I do not know but trust the hemo explicitly,

For what it is worth to Bocana69 my Platekat count has ranged from 90 to th3 170;s since 2002. I am definitely not complaining and feel very fortunate that I have not had to endure tratment up to now. I notice that you are in Boston where there are fantastic choivces. Dana Farber comes to mind as an excellent choice. Best wishes and good luck.