A free one-day patient conference will be held in Tampa, FL on Saturday, November 14, 2015. The conference, hosted by the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
(AA&MDSIF), is one of six one-day patient conferences
This will be a multi-track conference for AA, MDS, and PNH patients and their families.
The conference will include parallel (simultaneous) sessions on AA, MDS, and PNH, transplants, sessions to help you live with and cope with these diseases, and professionally-facilitated support sessions with your peers.
Conference attendance is free. Breakfast and lunch are included. Discounted hotel rates are available to those who want to stay overnight.
Come hear about the latest information about diagnosis, treatment (including transplants), and medical research from leading experts, including these physicians:
- Dr. Richard Childs, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Dr. Gregory Hale, John Hopkins Medicine
- Dr. Rami Komrokji, University of Florida
- Dr. David Margolis, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Dr. Michael Pulsipher, University of Utah
- Dr. Lawrence Rice, Houston Methodist Hospital
Patients and family members will also be able to
- meet medical experts face-to-face
- hear about the latest treatments and medical research
- learn skills for managing life with a bone marrow failure disease
- have your questions answered
- learn how to be your own advocate for the best care
- get to know other patients and family members like yourselves
- attend professionally-facilitated support sessions
A special lunch program will let conference attendees meet and talk, with an emphasis on ways to stand up for your health.
Diagnosis, Treatment, and Managing the New Normal - Patient and Family Conference
Saturday, November 14, 2015, from 8:30am to 5:00pm
Check-in begins at 7:30am.
Tampa Marriott Westshore (Google map)
1001 N Westshore Blvd., Tampa, FL 33607
813-287-2555 (main), 800-228-9290 (toll-free reservations)
Discounted hotel rates are available through Thursday October 22, 2015.
You can make hotel reservations by phoning or by using the Online Hotel Reservation Page.
Hotel parking is free.
See other hotel information on the AA&MDSIF event page.
Use the online Conference Registration Form to register for the conference.
If you plan to attend this conference, post in this thread to let other attendees know to look for you!
The registration deadline is Wednesday November 11, 2015.
For more information see the AA&MDSIF event page.
After the conference, let us know what you thought of the event.