View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 20, 2013, 12:16 PM

IPSS Score

Thank you all for taking an interest...

If you take a look at my early numbers 6/14 they look pretty scary... The multiple chromosome abnormalities/breaks (would suggest) that even if my numbers do come back a bit, I have only a short while before things could get out of control... (I was told that 75% of my chromosomes are shot)

I was originally scheduled for 8/19 BMT, but since things got so much better, the two rounds was thought a better approach (pre BMT chemo, instead of post BMT chemo)... I've also read (some abstracts) that suggest less than 3.0% blasts are optimal for going into a BMT...

My IPSS score on 6/14 would appear to be 2.0..
.5 for 5.5% blasts
1 for poor chromosomes
.5 for two out of three low blood scores...

As of 7/30 (second BMB) My IPSS would appear to be between 1.0 & 1.5
0 for 3.0% blasts
1 for poor chromosomes
0-0.5 for one out of three low blood scores...

Nine years ago, I did a full body scan at Princeton Longevity Center as a baseline, and it showed an enlarged spleen - 16.1cm... So splenomegaly was low lying fruit (good first guess) since my prelim BMB showed no AML or Cancer... My spleen measured - 15.6cm this June...

I've been taking a stress B complex (with Folic Acid) for 26 years now, as it's always given me more usable energy... For no other reason that it made me feel better...
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)

Last edited by Whizbang : Tue Aug 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM.