View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 4, 2014, 06:23 PM

Kevin - Thanks!!

Kevin,
Thanks for the extended reply. I really appreciate your thoughts and advice. A couple answers: No, I am not in the hospital and not transfusion dependent. Some of my counts are: WBC=1.8; Neutrophils=0.7; RBC=2.2; Hematocrit=25.4; Hemoglobin=8.8; Platelets=27. So I guess I am in the category of non-sever or moderate. I am probably too old for a transplant and don't have any close relatives. I have the results of my first biopsy and that ruled out MDS and AML. It said I had low-normal cellularity. I had another biopsy under CT guidance a week ago but don't have the results from it yet. I am supposed to discuss those results, assuming the are back, on Monday.

I had that article on "How I treat Aplastic Anemia" downloaded and have read it several times. Good article!

Thanks again for the time it took to write your thoughts and suggestions. Above and beyond the call of duty as we used to say in the US Air Force!

Data