View Single Post
Old Thu May 24, 2007, 05:47 PM

Newbie -- hypoplastic marrow

Hi everyone, My son has been diagnosed with a hypoplastic marrow, cellularity @50% What brought us to this diagnosis was a routine blood test he had in the emerg last Oct, I brought him in because he was having severe stomach pain along with dizziness, headache and heart palpatations.
The blood work came back ok but - a test two weeks later showed all three cell lines were just below normal. Red and White cells were just below and platelets were the lowest. The BMB he had in Dec showed the cellularity with no other abnormalities. His counts have stayed the same since then with his RBC going from 119-124 platelets were at 98.000 last visit. We saw the hemo in May and go back in Sept. I'm wondering if anyone else is going through a similiar experience? as you can tell, this is all very new to me as I'm not at all familiar with all of the termanolgy and different tests, medications etc.... Intresting, my mother passed away from MDS RAEB T - she was diagnosed in April 2003 and lost her battle August 2004.
I have also posted on the Aplastic Anemia site and got a lot of helpful informative response's. I should also mention - my son will be 13 in August.