View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 5, 2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rar View Post
My answers are blunt and not empathetic.
I really appreciate your candid response. I really thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I'm not here for sugar coding. I'm here to figure out if there are any other options left, and how I can make the best out of the time I have left with my grandpa.

I'm trying to look objectively at the situation and figure out what to do. Do you guys think its worth while to get a second opinion? My grandpa is a fighter, his will to survive has not been diminished by his condition. Hypothetically, if we could find a doctor and bone marrow donor for him, what are his odds of survival? 20% 30%? I can't find many studies on this, besides the studies that say, age isn't a factor when determining if a patient can get a transplant. Obviously more factors are at play here, but hypothetically, what would his survival chances be(even if its just a extension of life).

Also is it possible for some blood donations to give more of a hemoglobin boost then others? I know that's a vague question, but the latest round of blood transfusion didn't give him as much of a boost as the last one did. His pain is gone but his energy levels aren't as they were. Is it possible the donor blood he got this time around wasn't as good as the previous donor blood he got 8 weeks ago?