View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 13, 2016, 03:50 PM

That's great your Sister in Law is coming in - also good to be close to home so family can visit - just have to make sure everybody is clean - keep a thing of disinfectant wipes in your room and constantly clean any surfaces you and others touch and wash your hands a lot - and don't be shy if nurses aren't being clean enough. The BMT unit was very good - but they occasionally breached protocols - I found the local hospital to be less good (when I was less compromised) - but if you keep as clean as possible you should be OK. Sorry you don't like the food - try to eat even when you don't feel like it - even if its just Rice Krispies.

Good song.

The Rising by Bruce Sprinsteen worked well for me - also he does a cover of Stayin' Alive (yes the Bee Gees song) that is great. Going to Springsteen concerts really kept me going up to the transplant and played a prominent role in the music I played during the actual transplant -

I had a little Bose Soundlink audio player that linked via Bluetooth to my iPhone - and Pandora (do you know about Pandora- your do if you don't - there may be something better now) to play an endless variety of music - and headphones for walking the halls - really helped. The nurses enjoyed the music too. Good hospital admission presents...

Best
p
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015