View Single Post
Old Fri May 8, 2015, 03:55 PM

I think that the rule of thumb on immunizations is that they follow the infant schedule, meaning that you don't start until about 12 months and then continue at month 13, 18, and 24.

Problem is that if you have issues like gvhd or residual disease, the decision becomes more difficult as to when to start. I am now about 15 months post-transplant, but we are still not talking about doing immunizations because of my continued GVHD and relatively suppressed immune system. some of the vaccines have a correlation with suppressed blood counts and production, so we are waiting in my case as all of my numbers are below normal, but not at transfusion levels.

Long answer to the quick question - it seems to follow the childhood vaccination schedule, but each person's status with MDS, Relapse, GVHD, blood counts, etc means that there is quite a bit of art to getting the timing right.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.