View Single Post
Old Thu May 11, 2017, 11:26 PM

Hi Sue, glad to hear that things have been going well for your husband. Unfortunately, it seems the Vidaza didn't work for my dad. He had a BMB a couple weeks ago and results came in that his MDS had progressed into AML . They transferred back to the Ottawa hospital across the river a couple days later and he j7st completed his day 6 of a 7+3 intensive induction treatment. He has been doing really well so far with very little side effects but those will apparently kick in in a week or so. They hope to get him to remission for the transplant. On the transplant side, my aunt was identified as a perfect match but we found out recently as well that she can't be a donor because she has hep c. That was a huge disappointment. The transplant team is now looking to do a haploidentical transplant with either my sister or me as a donor. We actually found out that we are both 5/10 but ghat we also have 3 more factors that are almost identical.

Good luck with everything! I hope you can continue with the Vidaza for a long time!!