View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 21, 2017, 05:46 AM

Red face Still waiting for gvhd

Thank you Ruth, if not for your forum Iwould have freaked out last summer already!
Hard to believe, but Ihave read ALL the posts posted here! Imiss Greg.

So many medication, some meds to combat the side effects of other meds. My painkillers are being reduced, it has caused constipation. I haven't had a bowel movement in 2 weeks. I have been given a heavy dose of laxative, so far nothing. Maybe the nausea has to do with the constipation...?

At this stage, my doctors are interested in 1/should I feel any pain, itch, anything, to let them know at once- it would be GVHD.2/ Keep eating3/Keep up with the exercises in my rehabilitation program.

When I had mucositis, my meds were mostly put in the IV drip, but now since I can swallow again, the pills are back. They are trying to wean me off the drip.

I read a post somewhere, was it Sue and Dave? who didn't have a MUD, but could not d
a cbt. I think it depends on the facility. In my hospital, 80% of transplants are cord blood, even with only a 4/6match. The eldest so far is 70, he is doing fine. The only problem
is that the patient needs to lose weight. The Japanese are not as big as their western counterparts, so it works for them, but my friend in the same ward was 80kgs, he made it through the cbt, he is 60kgs now. So, I just wanted to say don't give up hope if you don't have a MUD.

With the National health system, my first month hospital fee, including my donor-brothers one week admittance, my transplant and follow-up, cost me the equivalent of only 3000us.Very affordable.
Stay strong everyone, take it per day. Cherish everyday.
Meri