WBC 4.9
RBC 3.55 L (HGB 11.3)
Platelets 100L

Unfortunately my liver enzymes have skyrocketed
AST (GOT) 13-33 : 331
ALT (GPT) 6-27 : 363
LD 119-229 :443
ALP 117-350 : 1387 !!!!!

My doctor stated GVHD liver, and has increased prednisone from 7.5mg/day to 20mg. Next week I have an appointment and an ultrasound; we will see if the steroids are working, and how far gone my liver is.
My eyes are still fine, no jaundice yet. Main symptoms are nausea, bloated belly and a slight fever 37.9oC which came down instantly after acetoaminophen. However the doctor still had me test for the flu virus, just in case. It IS the flu season.

I checked the transplant manual, and mine is such a textbook case. There is nothing I haven't been through! And more to come.

However, I am 6 months post transplant, so with GVHD at this period, does that mean CHRONIC GVHD !!!??? I will ask the doctor next week. I also have an appointment with the follow-up team next week.

I noticed that many on this forum had GVHD of the skin and gut, but not the liver. Would appreciate any comments and advice, especially for a healthy liver diet.

Thank you for reading. Keep warm everyone. (For all of you downunder, keep cool!)
Meri