View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 19, 2012, 07:46 AM

Unlike Debbie's advice to put on extra pounds now... I gained weight through the process. During induction I had many milk shakes and the same during the transplant. I did not, luckily, experience any mouth sores at all. I still have 25 pounds on that will not shed until my prednisone is stopped.

The transplant itself is painless. For me, the induction was by far the worst. Ditto to Debbie on taking medicines. This is no time to be a non-medicine trooper. Take the antinausea, pain, sleep meds. I don't remember a lot of the "Bad" days but my husband does. I am now 1+ year after transplant and I am alive! I've had some complications, but nothing severe. I am now planning my second bike (motorcycle) trip with my husband from Indiana to Texas. At 6 months post transplant we rode to Denver.

Be sure to ask God to give you courage and when you feel you cannot do it, turn it over to him. God is good. Hugs, Lori
Lori, female age 53 dx MDS-RAEB-II 15% blasts 10-2010. Induc Chemo 10/14/10 for 7 days - results unacceptable so 5 additional days chemo. Complete Remission 12/10/10!! SCT 1-11-11 remission achieved!!! BMB 1-29-11 100% Donor! cgvh eyes,skin (Caringbridge.org/visit/loripatrick)