View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 10:49 AM

great discussion and seeking help about registry

Hello all! This is my first time in the new forum. Still need more time with it to see how it is all organized. But I did find this thread and am grateful for the discussion that came from it as this is a question (about re-immunization) I had for my hemo last year. I did not have a BMT but I went through the ATG/ALG Cyclosporine regimen and much of my immunity was obviously wiped out.

Gina, you did the right thing by questioning and getting your health providers to engage you in your debate. Many of us are intimidated or simply not informed and don't know what questions to ask. I applaud your courage! It seems that if you feel good about the results, then you did the right thing by following your gut. Go with it!

It is the great white north time of year and road conditions are dicey at times. This leads me to think about what would happen in the event of an accident, especially since my platelets continue to be low. Some time ago there was a posting about a registry that you could join (I think it was $100/yr?) and there were medic-alert type bracelets and other jewelry that would identify you as a person with a medical condition. I believe the registry was international (at least within North America). I began the registration but got stuck when there was no way to list my current meds and so I gave up. Now I think it is an important thing to pursue. Does anyone have any recollection of this?

Thanks,

Susan Bowers