View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 5, 2015, 02:50 AM

How do you deal with...Insurance, The Affordable Care Act and employment oh my!

How is it that people are somehow managing work and illnesses like Aplastic Anemia? What has helped? I'm having trouble finding a position that pays enough to cover medical insurance and bills, that is also flexible when time off is needed for labs and dr appointments? The Obamacare is a slippery slope when it comes to income...in other words the system is a catch 22 setup. I'm finding that its harder to find good employer supported healthcare that isn't HMO or structured for bare minimum standards. Any thoughts? My dr says I'm perfectly capable of working and I feel fine but its not that simple. One recent example...job interview reveals a position that has insurance options but its a private insurance set up and run by the company and it would cost almost half the paycheck before taxes. How to do people make it? I'm from Texas which is an employment at will state...no job protection as neither party is obligated. No one understands SAA. I hate to say it but if it were classified as a cancer it would be easier to get people to understand all the dr apts etc. I don't qualify for disability.
Diagnosed SAA Oct 2013, HATG DEC 2013, Partial response, Relapse July 2014, stable on Cyclosporine. KEEP FIGHTING! And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.Philippians 4:19