View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 12, 2011, 08:55 PM

Congrats!

Hey Linda!

That's great news about your counts improving! That gives us all hope. The side effects don't sound too terrible; my local doc noted that the couple of female patients he'd had on Danazol did in fact experience some unwanted hair growth and voice deepening. I'm not much sure what to expect, as a guy, in terms of side effects. But Dr. Dumitriu assured me they haven't seen any breast or prostate enlargement when using Danazol outside of this trial.

I'm having PRBCs every other week at this point, so I'm not expecting miracles, but I'd like to lengthen the transfusion interval. What was your Hgb hanging at when you started the trial?

Not sure about my relations and TERT/TERC mutations. I hope to begin to work on getting some of them tested once I'm in the trial. I go for screening right after Thanksgiving.

Continued good luck!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com