View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 18, 2012, 03:38 AM

The real reason I asked this question

Hi... I was having symptoms of overdosing/allergic reaction on cyclosporin (swollen tongue, hives, itching), and I told my doctors this. They kept testing me and said I was fine. Turns out after a chat with the nurse almost 3 months later that I was NOT supposed to take the cyclosporin the morning of my labs... The doctors NEVER told me this. The first day, I took the labs correctly, my doctors immediately pulled me off Cyclosporin and told me my levels were toxic!!!!! I was off it a while and started back on a lower dose like 400-500 mg. But I was on that toxic dose for like 3 months!!!! I also believed the prednisone at 60 mg per day was too high. When I started complaining about it, I found out the doctor was on vacation and FORGOT to leave tapering directions for me. The new doctor wanted me to take 60 mg a day for 2 more weeks until my normal doctor got back, because he said I wasn't his patient so he couldn't lower me! I threatened to taper my self off, cause I had been on 60 mg per day for over 2 months!!!!! I have Organ damage now because of the MEGA doses. I had to go to the County Hospital because I had no health insurance. That is ONE of the reasons I am choosing not to do chemotherapy after I relapsed this time. Am I the only person this has happened to?

Last edited by glitterandlace : Wed Apr 18, 2012 at 03:48 AM.